Whether you are the head of a department in a university or the principal of a school, scheduling and managing courses can be chaotic! With more and more institutions switching to online classes, the need for proper scheduling has increased. This is why Stackby has launched a state-of-the-art Course Scheduling Template!
Why is course scheduling important?
Effective course scheduling is important for both faculty and students. A well-managed course schedule will ensure:
- Higher student satisfaction and retention rates.
- Effective utilisation of the faculty’s time.
- Avoid the allotment of back-to-back classes to professors in order to increase their efficiency in class.
- Ensure that the same professor is not allotted multiple classes in the same time slot.
- Reduce the stress level of students and faculty alike.
- Effective utilisation of university or school resources.
What should you keep in mind while scheduling courses?
The primary set of people affected directly by how you schedule courses are the students and faculty members. Hence, surveying and understanding their needs and constraints is essential before you begin working on a course schedule. Apart from this, the infrastructure, budget, and deadline of courses also affect how you schedule the courses.
It is safe to say that an institution cannot function if proper resources and time are not dedicated to creating a course schedule. Stackby is here to your rescue with the Course Scheduling Template!
Our Course Scheduling Template makes your job easier. We will help you reduce the time and effort you devote to this activity with our easy-to-use template. Keep track of all your course scheduling information on a single platform. You can centralise scheduling for all your departments and courses with this template. Using the Course Scheduling Template, you can:
- Keep detailed records of all your faculty members and their position (Professor/ Assistant Professor/ Guest Lecturer).
- Store the contact details of the faculty to avoid any communication gap.
- Check the current availability status of each faculty member (Active/ Holiday/ Leave).
- Track all ongoing courses in your institute.
- Continuously update which chapter of each course is currently being taught.
- Assign teaching credits to each course.
- Assign classes to professors according to their availability.
- Keep track of the days on which classes of a course are being held.
- Record the seating capacity and type of each room (Lecture hall/ Small/ Medium/ Large room).
- Track which classes are being held in each room and at what time.
A well-managed course schedule will result in satisfied and content faculty members and students, which in turn ensures better performance of your institute. So, do not waste any more time. Access Stackby’s Course Scheduling Template today and notice the difference yourself!