Let’s face it, running a podcast is hard, especially when you’re starting out. You need to have an effective plan in place to really see any sustainable results from your effort. This is right from thinking about an episode idea to publishing and tracking its results.
At StackBy, we know how hard this is. Hence, we’ve created this podcast planning template. It covers everything from tracking your podcast episodes, guests, sponsorships, and more.
Here’s we’ve tried to cover all major elements in the podcast planning template. The template is divided into five different sheets -
- Podcast Episodes - This sheet allows how to track the progress of each podcast idea, right from prospecting to when it goes live. You can sort by date, podcast status and even by the host (in case multiple people are collaborating on a single podcast)
- Guests - This sheet helps you track the guests you’ve tried to approach and additional details like Job title, Company Name, and more.
- Transcript - If you convert each episode into a transcript, this sheet will be very useful. You can use it to track the status of the transcript, especially when you’ve had the task outsourced.
- Podcast Sponsorships - It lets you track all the current sponsorships and invoices.
- Podcast ad units - Helps you map the ad units with the companies.
If you want to use the podcast editorial calendar template, just create a free account on Stackby and click on “Copy Stack”. StackBy helps non-technical folks make the most out of spreadsheets. It allows you to build and customize solutions the way you want. Happy Podcasting!