Every organization must keep a track of all its assets. Whether you are running a business expanding to multiple locations, your employees are working from remote locations, or you have multiple offices in different locations, you need an asset tracker to manage, organize and monitor your assets. Stackby’s free-to-use, custom asset tracker template can solve all your problems and make this process much easier for you.
What is Asset Tracker?
An asset tracker is a tool that helps you monitor the physical location and status of movable and fixed assets in an organization. For example, office furniture, electronic devices, stationeries, all can be considered as valuable assets for an organization. Every business incurs a certain cost on buying and maintaining assets and therefore it must keep track of them.
Stackby’s asset tracker tool helps ensure that the movement of assets is strictly controlled thereby preventing loss and improving customer service and business operations.
Why do Businesses need to Automate Asset Tracking Systems?
Manual asset tracking methods include many challenges such as:
- You have to manually enter all the information and update the records every day.
- The operations team often has to rely on finance teams for the purchase details of assets.
- Assets cannot be scanned using barcodes which means more chances of errors in entering data.
- Manual tracking methods often lead to redundancy and inefficient tracking.
Read more: Why you should ditch Spreadsheets to Scale your Business
If you are still depending on spreadsheets for keeping a check on your company assets, your operations team is underperforming. It is time to boost their productivity by giving them an automated asset tracking system.
- Collaboration: Manage all your assets from different locations in one place with the Stackby asset tracker template.
- Automation: Use Stackby’s barcode scanner column type and keep an automated record of your company assets.
- Vendor Details: Manage your vendor list to keep a track of which asset was bought from which vendor.
- Purchase Details: Store all the purchase details for every asset so that you do not exceed your company budget.
Read more: Barcode Column Type in Stackby
What are the Benefits of using an Asset Tracker?
Reduced operational costs: You can monitor assets round the clock and in-real time thereby streamlining your operational process and costs.
- Accessibility: You can ensure fast verification, disposal, and acquisition of assets with an easy-to-use asset tracker system.
- Security: You can find the exact location of an asset of your company at any time. This will help you protect your assets from theft or fraud.
- Management: You can easily adjust company records when an asset is transferred from one department or location to another.
Stackby’s asset tracker template enables businesses to store, manage and coordinate all the asset data in one place, thereby making it easier for operations teams to collaborate on the asset management tasks. It is free to use and can be easily customized according to your asset management requirements.
Who can use Stackby’s Asset Tracker Template?
This template can be used by business owners, administrative departments, operations teams, operations managers, IT departments, and any other authority responsible for managing assets in an organization.
How is Stackby’s Asset Tracker Template Helpful for You?
Stackby’s asset tracker template includes three tables for managing your assets, vendor details, and purchase details respectively. With this template, you will be able to do the following:
- Maintain a record of every physical asset owned by the company with the asset name and code
- Tracking the type of asset owned by the company (furniture, office equipment, stationeries, etc)
- Store an image of each asset
- Record the details of the asset such as manufacturer, model name, and price
- Track the vendor details for various assets of the company such as vendor name, address, city, state, and total assets
- Track the purchase details for every asset such as purchase date, status (completed, order shipped, etc), order type, price, invoice, etc
Other asset management templates for better productivity:
Sales Asset Management Template
Marketing Asset Management Template
Digital Asset Management Template