The balance sheet is one of the most important financial statements of any business or organization. Regardless of the nature and scope of the company, the balance sheet is essential and needs to be prepared with extreme care and attention to detail. Stackby makes the process more streamlined for you with our Balance Sheet Template.
The purpose of a balance sheet is to provide a detailed overview of the financial position of a company on a particular date. It is a statement of the assets, liabilities, and capital of an organization. In other words, it shows what a company owns and owes.
It has assets on one side and liabilities and capital on the other side. A balance sheet is a testament to the financial health and performance of a company on any given date.
Why do you need a Balance Sheet Template?
A balance sheet allows investors to assess and analyze the current status of the company and take investment decisions accordingly. It also enables banks to decide if your company qualifies for additional loans and credit. A comparison of the balance sheet over the years will help you assess the growth of your company over a period of time.
It gives you an understanding of the liquidity position of your company and allows you to plan future projects and expenses.
Who will find this template useful?
This template will be useful for anyone in the finance department, finance firms, business owners or SMEs.
How can Stackby’s Balance Sheet Template help you?
Are you looking for a template to create and organize your balance sheet? If your answer is yes, then you’ve come to the right place! We here, at Stackby, have created a Balance Sheet Template to help you build your company’s financial statement.
You can now record all the details of assets and liabilities in one place using this Balance Sheet Template. Keep regular tabs on the financial details of your company with this easy-to-use template.
Using this template, you will be able to:
- Record the assets and liabilities of your company separately.
- Under assets, you can store details of the type of assets currently in possession of your company. This includes current assets (inventory, cash, prepaid expenses), long-term assets (intangible assets), and other assets (e.g., deferred income tax).
- Track the value of the assets recorded in the balance sheet.
- Add the period (month) and the year for which the asset details are being recorded.
- Under liabilities, you can store details of the type of liabilities of your company. This includes current liabilities and long-term liabilities.
- Track the value of the liabilities recorded in the balance sheet.
- Add the period (month) and the year for which the liabilities are being recorded.
- Maintain and update the details as and when required.
Apart from this, the Balance Sheet Template also offers an in-built Asset Information Form and Liability Information Form to its users. You can use this standard form to collect all the information you need for your balance sheet!
With Stackby’s Balance Sheet Template, maintaining your company’s balance sheet will be a walk in the park! Get access to the template and start using it today!
You might also find these templates useful: Expense Tracker, Legal Case Management, Investment Tracker