Employees form the biggest and most important asset of any company. Since they are responsible for all the work, the success of your company is on their shoulders. They are the building blocks that workday in and day out to construct your company from the ground up.
In an increasingly competitive market, hiring and retaining the best talent is essential for your business. How are you supposed to keep track of all your employees and their information in the best possible way? This is where an employee directory comes in!
What is an employee directory?
Put in simple words; an employee directory is the central repository of every single detail about each employee in the company. Starting from the date of birth, contact details to the name of their supervisor, it stores and regularly updates all employee-related information.
Why is it essential to create and maintain an employee directory?
Is it worth dedicating your time and resources towards the upkeep of an employee directory? Yes! Here’s why!
- Updated contact details of employees ensure seamless communication and can help prevent future communication gaps.
- Medical and emergency contact details can prove to be useful, especially in emergencies.
- Department wise segregation allows you to monitor the current strength of each department.
- Details of the supervisor of each employee increase accountability in the company.
- The duration of stay of each employee allows you to analyze overall employee satisfaction.
- Keep track of employee appraisal.
- You can add more benefits to this list!
As an owner or manager, it is your responsibility to record and regularly update all the requisite details of employees of each department. Are you facing difficulty managing all the details? Stackby is here to your rescue! With our Employee Directory Template, keep track of your employee list and information on a single platform!
Using Stackby’s Employee Directory Template, you can:
- Record the list of employees in the entire company or organization.
- Divide the employee into a different department on the same interface.
- Store the current job title of each employee.
- Record the date of joining and the total number of years in the company.
- Record the current supervising officer of each employee.
- Track the last and next appraisal date.
- Store relevant medical information including, but not limited to, blood group, disclosed allergies, emergency contact person, and relation to the given contact.
- Store a photo of each employee.
- Record the educational qualifications of your employees.
- Store updated contact information, including phone number, residential address, and email address used.
- Record the benefits available to each employee, such as EPF, gratuity, paid leave, group insurance, dental, and conveyance.
- Monitor and regularly update all information as and when necessary.
Our directory template will help you manage your employee information most efficiently with minimal effort and hard work. If you're tracking your job applicants, check out this easy to adopt Applicant Tracker template.