While developing a software, app, or website, if there is an issue with the design, coding, or other specifications, it may lead to incorrect or invalid results. Such an issue is termed as a bug. It hampers the usability of your product and has a severe impact on user experience.
Consider the following scenario. You have downloaded an app from the play store. However, you are not able to log in. The application may not be displaying notifications. These are just a few examples of the glitches one might face. Isn’t there a high probability that you will switch to another app that meets your requirements?
The answer is yes. This is why it is imperative for any company producing technology products to identify and fix bug issues at the earliest. Stackby’s Bug Report Template helps companies do this easily.
How will efficient bug tracking and fixing help you?
- Improves the quality of your company’s product and enhances user experience, which, in turn, produces loyal and long-lasting customers.
- Reduces the cost of development and leads to a high return on investment.
- Increases your customer base and referral rate. People are more likely to refer your product to others if they’ve had a seamless experience using it.
- Identifies and isolates the areas of your product that report the maximum number of bugs. This will help you concentrate your resources on a particular aspect of the product.
A well-planned and executed QA process will uncover almost all the defects of your product so that they can be fixed beforehand. What are the four key steps involved?
- Bug detection
- Bug reporting
- Bug fixing
- Product testing & Release
To ensure that your product is bug-free, you must keep track of each issue from the detection to the final testing phase. This process can be quite tedious and cumbersome. That is why Stackby has a Bug Issue Tracker Template! Using our bug report template, you will be able to:
Keep track of each bug issue from start to finish and maintain a detailed issue log. With the Bug Report Template. Users will be able to:
- Assign an bug issue ID for better tracking.
- Record the date and time on which the bug was reported.
- Track the source of the report (User email/ Internal QA/ Beta user/ Customer Demo).
- Keep track of the current status of the bug issue (Not yet started/ WIP/ Completed/ Testing).
- Add a priority status to each issue (High/ Medium/Low).
- Assign a lead to every bug issue reported.
- Record the notification status of the issue.
- Track the module under which the bug has been reported (Registration/ Login/ User Invitation/ Notification/ Layout).
- Keep track of your entire team responsible for fixing bug-related issues.
With Stackby’s bug report or issue log template, you can rest assured that all your bug reports will be analyzed and fixed at the earliest! Talking to your users is most important, if you're managing user research - check out this template as well.