We understand the stress of having bugs in your software product. It can destroy your team’s most innovative ideas and affect your business reputation. This is why you need a bug tracker to organize bug reporting and keep your developers focused.
Stackby gives you an automated, customizable bug tracker template that acts as a defect tracking system. It stores, reports, and manages all the details of bugs found in the software system. It automates the process of monitoring and tracking bugs in the system and ensures that the software is working without any hindrance.
5 Steps involved in Bug Tracking
- Detection: Firstly, bugs are detected by the users or the testing team.
- Reporting: The bugs are detected and reported so that developers can identify them.
- Fixing: The developers fix the bugs using different approaches and update the team about bug fixing.
- Retesting: The development team tests the software system to check whether the bugs are fixed.
- Recording: All the data is recorded and a bug report is created to avoid similar bugs in the future.
Why Use a Bug Tracking System?
Create high-quality products: A bug tracking system ensures that your software system is working correctly. It helps you stay on track in your project execution and ensures successful quality assurance.
Lowers the cost of the product: Continuous bug fixing can lead to delays in your project. As a result, it increases the overall budget of the project. Using a bug tracking system makes it easier for you to identify and resolve bugs quickly.
Enhances customer satisfaction: Another benefit of the bug tracking tool is that your products start working better. As a result, customers feel satisfied while using your product. They get quick solutions based on the issues they face while working.
Important Elements of Bug Tracking
- ID/name: You must include the name of the feature where the bug was reported so that it is easier to identify.
- Description: Explain the problem in a little detail so that the product developers can understand the issue.
- Environment: Is the bug appearing in a web browser, mobile app, or particular screen size? You must specify the technical environment to the developers.
- URL: Sharing the URL of the page where the bug is appearing is important as it helps the developers spot the problem where the bug was found.
- Screenshot/Video: It is better to share a screenshot or a screen recording of the issue so that developers can understand what triggers the bug in the system. It might be an incorrect input.
- Expected Results: Do you know what should the system indicate actually instead of the error? If yes, then it is better to share those expected results with the development team to help them understand the issue.
Stackby’s bug tracker template helps you additionally keep a track of the status of bug tracking (resolved, unresolved, pending), the priority of bug tracking (high, medium, low), name of the reported, due date of bug fixing, the person who is working on bug testing and fixing, etc. This makes it much easier for development teams to track and report bugs.
How Stackby’s Bug Tracker Template is Helpful for You?
Stackby’s bug tracker tool template includes two tables for storing the details of the bugs identified in the product and the members’ details who have reported any bugs. With this template, you can do the following:
- Track every bug or issue that arises in the software/ application/ product.
- Report the browsers or web environments where bugs arise like internet explorer, chrome, safari, firefox, etc.
- Record the details of the team member to whom the bug testing and resolution are assigned.
- Track the status of the bug tracking like opened, closed, and resolved and the type of task such as important, urgent, very important.
- Record the bug URL for fixing, retesting, and recording bugs.
- Include a description of every bug to make the work for developers easier.
- Include the details of the member who reported the bug such as name, ID, bugs reported, bugs updated on, etc.
Other project management templates on Stackby:
User Feedback Tracker Template
Product Launch Template
Product Roadmap Template
Project Tracker Template