Any successful project requires continuous efforts, supervision and check-ins. Efforts range from making a plan to checking in at every point making sure things are going as they should.
When a company has many projects or programs going on, it collects those projects for analysis. Collection & management of multiple projects is known as a project portfolio.
Project portfolio management is a continual management strategy which helps in evaluating all the potential projects & then suitable adopting & prioritizing them.
However, the bigger the portfolio, the greater the number of details. More details entail more data. More data entails more spreadsheets.
What is the solution? Project portfolio management template
A project portfolio management template can help you organize and keep track of each project or program and be in control of your company’s project portfolio.
Project Portfolio Management
Why do you need a project portfolio management system is an answer which is nowhere near being simple or brief. There are multiple reasons to maintain one for your company.
Project portfolio management has many benefits for an organization, like:
- It helps in the organization’s right project selection, which brings in maximum value and takes the organization a step ahead to the desired goal.
- It gives a clear and better view of the big picture. The possibility that the organization will be unfocused on a specific project due to any circumstances becomes lesser.
- It enables the managers and other employees to be more goal-driven and keep working hard to succeed in the project they are associated with.
- It encourages the managers to create a more collaborative environment so that the personnel assigned with the tasks takes the project as a collaborative effort and not a competition.
- With the project portfolio, the resources are well organized and can be used in a way that the result is achieved with as little cost as possible.
- The decision-making process gets more informed with all the data analysis, and the selection of the project gets easier.
The project portfolio management template helps the managers control and keep track of all the projects and the related activities with them.
How can Stackby’s Project Portfolio Management Template help you?
Analysing and keeping track of all the projects and programs can take a toll on anyone. A project portfolio management template will help you keep updated and to stay on track always. Use this template to analyse and manage a group of current or proposed projects based on various key characteristics.
You can categorize the projects and their tasks along with the completion status and the teams involved. You will never be out of focus and always will be informed about the ongoing or already done activities and the latest updates.
You can use this template by copying or entering the required data the way you want. And can access it anywhere, anytime with your team and manage your project portfolio in real-time.