SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, is the strategy used to optimize the content of your website to increase its visibility and ranking in organic search engine results. SEO increases the quality and quantity of traffic through your website.
When a person looks for something on a search engine, the latter crawls through websites looking for content that matches the keywords entered by the user. Your job is to make sure that the search engine picks and displays your website first if it matches the user’s query.
Why is SEO important?
Companies across the globe are devoting increasing time and resources to SEO in recent times. The question arises: why?
- SEO focuses on organic results which are considered by users to be more credible and generate far more traffic than paid advertisements.
- It increases visibility and enhances the user experience to a large extent.
- It increases traffic to your website, which can lead to greater conversions.
- Effective SEO can give you that extra edge over your competitor.
- Allows you to understand what users search for and optimize your website content accordingly.
- It is a cost-effective strategy to increase brand awareness and loyalty.
What is On-Page SEO?
When you optimize the contents of your website itself to increase website traffic, it is called on-page SEO. On the other hand, when you optimize content by taking actions outside your website, it is called off-page SEO. External backlinks form a part of off-page SEO. What is covered under on-page SEO?
- Use of keywords in your website content and URL.
- Tracking the speed of your web pages.
- Adding a meta description to your article content.
- Adding paragraph subheadings (H1, H2) to enhance user experience.
- Perfect your website using all such methods and move on to off-page and technical SEO.
Mastering the art of SEO and keeping track of every aspect can be a daunting task. That’s why we’re here. Stackby’s Website SEO Performance Tracking Template is tailor-made to assist you in your SEO strategy!
With Google PageSpeed API integration, this Website SEO reporting template will track your SEO reports and help you optimize your website in real-time by allowing you to:
- Keep track of every page or website that is a part of your SEO process.
- Record the document title and meta description used on the website.
- Record and update the SEO audit score.
- Monitor the crawlable and canonical aspects of the website.
- Monitor and update all SEO related data as and when required.
Now keep track of every detail of your website's technical SEO process with this template. Use it with Website Performance Tracking template to cover both performance and SEO metrics with Google PageSpeed API integration.