In an age where search engines like Google are the ultimate solution to any query, SEO is a process that you cannot afford to ignore. One of the critical essentials to an effective SEO strategy is building links. Our Competitor Backlink Analysis Template helps you cover all the bases in this area.
What are backlinks?
Backlinks are the links from other sites that direct the user to your site. Often known as incoming links or inbound links, they link a website to a page on another website.
Why are backlinks important?
Search engines like Google equate backlinks to the site’s quality and relevance. A more significant number of backlinks from reputable websites to your page will secure you a higher rank in relevant search engine queries. This, in turn, increases your website discoverability and directs more traffic towards it. In short, backlinks increase your website’s authority.
Why should you analyse your competitor’s backlinks?
Analysing your competition and studying their strategy is the best way to improve your own. Conducting a thorough analysis of your competitor’s backlinks will enable you to gauge which source websites are driving traffic towards your competitor and why. It will help you analyse where your website backlinks are falling short and the other link opportunities you can explore.
How to conduct a backlink analysis of your competitor?
Follow specific basic steps to analyse your competitor’s website:
- Make a list of your competitors.
- Choose which backlink analysis tool you want to use (For example, Ahrefs). The market is flooded with analysis tools or varying quality and reliability. Choose wisely.
- Conduct a backlink analysis using the tool.
- Note the number of backlinks and relevance of linking sites.
- Track and store the backlink analysis data. (Use our Template! Continue reading for further information.)
- Report and update your link strategy accordingly.
Simplify your SEO experience with Stackby. We’ve created a state-of-the-art competitor backlink analysis template that will make backlink analysis extremely easy and effective for you! You can now keep track of all your competitors on one platform.
Let’s give you an idea of the metrics that our backlink website analysis template allows you to track:
- Several backlinks for each website.
- Nofollow and Dofollow links. The latter impacts the search engine rankings while the former does not affect the same.
- Traffic through a particular website.
- Referring to the pages that link your competitor’s website.
- Keyword ratings and position.
Stackby’s competitor backlink analysis template will allow you to connect to Ahrefs, a digital marketing tool that is known for the fastest backlink crawler in the market and is extremely reliable.
Revolutionise your backlink analysis experience with Stackby! Check out the video on how you can build your complete SEO tracker in minutes.
If you're using SerpStat, another SEO tool - you can also check out SEO Backlink Analysis template.